View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Every time the word "baptize" shows up in the Bible it doesn't ALWAYS mean "WATER BAPTISM". Every time the word "church" shows up in the Bible it doesn't ALWAYS mean a NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH. And every time the word "gospel" shows up in the Holy Bible it doesn't ALWAYS mean THE SAME "GOSPEL" EVERY TIME.
Well, I'll agree with that statement, however, the New Testament Church included Jewish believers. So they must be of the same gospel that Peter preached in Acts 2. Is Acts 2, not a New Testament Church? Paul said that he was once a persecutor of the church. This church was composed firstly the apostles including Paul which were of Jewish descendants. So that Paul for persecuting the church means that his message of salvation is the same as of that Peter in Acts 2.To be noted, these Jewish people converts were added unto them in what we called the church. Therefore, we can say that this is a “New Testament Jewish church” and since they were baptized, I prefer to call them the “New Testament Jewish Baptist Church”. Interestingly, our Lord added them and not Apostle Peter.

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
Philippians 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Accordingly, the message of Salvation for Paul was that of Christ death burial and resurrection as stated in 1 Corinthians 15. This is also clear to Apostle Peter as he preached in Acts 2. The only difference was that of the recipient but the message is still the same, salvation to the Jew first and also to the Greek(Gentile).

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.