View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Postscript - "Sabbath observance "

Aloha all,

Well, it's over 48 hours since RonB posted his Thread about the Sabbath:
Quote:
"Can someone justify through Scripture (not through fallen man) for not observing the Sabbath on the seventh day?"
He said he wanted "DISCOURSE", but the only "discourse" that he shared with us was his criticism of Brandon (for his tone), and his "flattering" some of the brethren (who tried to "discourse" with him) for a nicer tone or attitude.

PLEASE NOTICE:

Brandon (Diligent) answered him three times.
Parrish answered him once.
Luke answered him once.
Kiwi Christian answered him once.
Chette 777 answered him once.

RonB claimed he was looking for "some DISCOURSE":
Quote:
"No Brandon, don't be so quick to get personal, I'm ASKING for some Scripture here, okay? Some sound reasoning, some calm reasoning, some DISCOURSE, I'm not taking any position but this has certainly been on my mind and don't think this issue hasn't been taken up by other scholars and is coming back. Not so much in the legalistic sense either but as one of the commandments to be observed so if you don't mind take a breath."
Not counting Brandon's 3 replies, four other people replied (in a manner acceptable to RonB) and he has yet (48 hours later) to engage in the "discourse" he claimed he was looking for!

I made no attempt to "discourse" with RonB, mainly because of his attitude towards Brandon.

After dealing with "Christians" for over 50 years, I am always suspicious of a "Christian" who's interest is in OBSERVING SOMETHING [Matthew 23:23 & Luke 11:42]; who says they have studied the Bible, and yet are still hung-up over "the first principles of the oracles of God" {an inablity to discern between the Jew, the Gentile, and the church of God}; and who claims to be a Christian, but is reluctant to give their personal testimony.

In his biography (listed on the Forum) RonB said: "About myself? Not important but I think I'm among friends here." How a person got saved is always important! And where they have been after they got saved will reveal a whole lot about a person. We know nothing about the man or his background, but one thing is obvious - contrary to what he said, he's thin-skinned and has "a chip on his shoulder".

In my closing remarks to RonB I stated:
Quote:
"If you are sincere, you will start to answer and reply to the comments made by the brethren. If you are "disingenuous" you will go off in a "huff", playing the "victim" to those mean ole intolerant Bible "thumpers" on The AV1611 Bible Forums."
It remains to be seen whether RonB is "disengenuous" or not; and whether he will join the ranks of the kooks, crazies, and crackpots that regularly show up on the Forum about once a week or so!

Contrast RonB's "stealth approach" and "hyper-sensitive attitude", and Tonybones' open declaration of who he is; his background; and his willingness to openly declare what he believes. I may disagree over some issues with brother "bones", but one thing's for certain - he has given a clear testimony to having been saved, and he has been open about his background and where he's been since he got saved.

There's a whole lot to be said for someone who is honest and above board, and who has NO GUILE!