View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
What should I know about this man and his site http://www.wayoflife.org ? I found my churches name on his list and then read his 'questionaire' which attacks a teacher I'm fond of; that is PSR. What is this mans problem with Ruckman? Is there more to his anti-Ruckman stance that I should know about?
He's a professional watchdog: his entire ministry, at least on the Internet, consists of criticizing anyone who does or says anything that displeases him. He devotes particular attention to: "modest apparel," Ruckman (against whom he seems to have a personal grudge), the Southern Baptist Convention, Gail Riplinger, Independent Baptists, contemporary Christian music, and the charismatics. To me, he is an annoying, self-righteous blowhard, but sometimes he provides good information.

He's written extensively in defense of the King James Bible, but his books are kinda pricey. To his credit, he does meticulous research.

The worst thing I know about him: when a prison inmate (with whom I am personally acquainted) wrote him a long, heartfelt letter, and asked for a reply, Cloud didn't even bother to respond; didn't even put the guy on his mailing list. Most men of God jump at the chance to communicate with prisoners.

The best thing I know about him: he's written an excellent book, The Pentecostal-Charismatic Movements: Their History and Error. I'd highly recommend it.

His strange obsession with women's apparel is something fairly recent: he has literally written a book instructing women how to dress. Perhaps that's why he's too busy to answer mail from prisoners: anyway, jailbirds can't buy very many books.....