View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 06:36 PM

I will post my thoughts on this thread instead of the other one I started because it was Dr Ruckman's position on abortion that pricked my interest.

1. IS ABORTION MURDER?

If abortion is indeed murder because a person becomes a LIVING SOUL at CONCEPTION then may I suggest that any woman that uses contraception, other than a barrier method, is a MURDERER.

Oral contraceptives do not simply prevent the release of an egg from the ovary but also alter the lining of the womb so that implantation of the embryo CANNOT occur and the embryo 'dies'.

Likewise an Intrauterine Device (IUD) prevents implantation of an embryo.

So I don't believe that a person becomes a LIVING SOUL at conception. At conception there is POTENTIAL LIFE-all of the 'ingredients' for the want of a better word are not present-YET!

Psalms chapter 139
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Firstly, this portion of Scripture more than likely refers to the creation of Adam because he was made directly from the earth, however, there is an application to us. Our flesh has the same composition as the earth-carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, the various elements etc.

Secondly, notice that God saw our...SUBSTANCE, yet being UNPERFECT and that we were already conceived in the mind of God and our MEMBERS were written in a book, however...as yet THERE WAS NONE OF THEM.

So this passage would suggest to me that there is a time frame within the womb that a person is NOT a LIVING SOUL, but the potential for life is certainly there.

to be cont.