View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 PM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjvisit
...he has never proven that he has convinced the skeptics.
Just to be clear, and to correct a possible misimpression, I never claimed to "convince the skeptics" .. that is ultimately in God's hands and the result will be a reflection of their honesty (or lack thereof) before God.

1 Corinthians 3:5-10
Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

With the skeptics I have offerred compelling defenses of the pure Bible on their forums, showing the superiority of the Received Text and the majestic King James Bible to their preferred corrupt modern-version-duckshoot text. And explaining to them the paradigmic and conceptual underpinniings of the pure Bible vs. corrupt version discussion.

And for that defense I frequently reference early church writers, one of many significant "extra-biblical sources", as does virtually every defender of the King James Bible in the public arena. As I explained earlier, often with skeptics and modern-versionists you are writing more for the uncertain, inquiring reader ... the one who is weighing the evidences, not the calloused and hardened adversary.

Such defense of God's beautiful, majestic and perfect word can be very edifying to others and helpful to your own understanding and convictions and pleasing unto God.

Shalom,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Avery; 06-04-2008 at 01:02 PM.