View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
lei-kjvonly

I believe that while in God's house and during worship there needs to be the least amount of distractions possible. One reason I believe this is because if we believe that God is working through the pastor, then in a sense God is speaking through that man to deliver a message to us. Therefore I believe that God deserves our utmost attention. Considering the matter of distractions, at our church we have a nursery in case babies start to cry, we can take them in there. We also don't allow talking during the service or offering. Some people think that when the offering comes around that gives them an opportunity to chit chat for a second. Absolutely not! That time is for you to prepare your heart for the message about to come.

I also believe that God's house needs to cared for and treated God's way. If you look at the book of Haggai God reapeatedly drives home the point that the condition of His house is not acceptable. I think He really cares how we take care of it how we act in while in it. All through scripture we see how God has certain specifications on how we worship him.