View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
First of all Renee, you need to relax. Your responses to gophgetter concern me, and it is clear you would like to now shift the attention to myself now that you all have effectively rid yourselves of gophgetter. Throwing stones at everyone you think is wrong, and ostracizing them as heretics is NOT the way. Perhaps you should have let those who are stronger in the Scriptures help gophgetter understand the dispensational viewpoint (since I now see that this is the only acceptable viewpoint on these forums, despite diligents original intent which he expressed on http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2). Secondly, could you not single me out like this anymore. I have always stated that salvation is by grace through faith. I do add that salvation is conditional upon "faith" but I don't see anywhere in the entire Holy Bible where this belief is contradictory to what is taught therein.
Quote:
I want you to know that I nearly cried when you told him that he isn't a part of the family. I assure you Renee, Christ Jesus sees things differently. You should not be so hasty to judge a brother in Christ, even one who differs greatly in his take on core doctrine. Perhaps gophgetter never heard things preached the way you and I have? Perhaps he simply needed someone to show him that salvation is indeed by grace through faith, someone besides those that write "you gotta rightly divide" on every other post. I'm not saying here I disagree with right division of Scripture, I'm saying that some people, myself included, need to hear things from those that aren't so pretentious in their own understanding, someone whose message is salted a little more with the love of the brethren.

for Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Stephen,

Now you've "got my goat"! (Euphemistically speaking of course!) Ever since you have come to this Forum you have been fairly careful to "straddle the fence" (like all good Sophists) and not declare yourself (at least not in language that is clearly understood) as to where you really stand on several issues.

Your "reluctance" (in your "biography" on this Forum) to not reveal any details about yourself personally (not your age nor "background") is instructive though, because it demonstrates someone who is "careful" not to reveal too much about himself.

But your remarks about my wife "Renee" are "over-the-top" and deserve to be dealt with - along with your Humanistic approach to the issues of life!

First of all your Smart-Alec statement: "First of all Renee, you need to relax." - Is the way that all Humanists (and Sophists) deal with people and statements that they disagree with. Did it ever occur to you that gophgetter affected my wife the same way you "claim" her statements affected you? Are you the only one with feelings on this Forum? I trow not!

I have avoided "dealing" with you since you first came on this Forum, because, after dealing with "Christians" for 50 years I can spot a Sophist fairly soon, and I refuse to engage people like you in conversation or debate because it is "an exercise in futility".

But when you come out and insult my wife, that is another matter!

Your supposed "concern" for gophgetter "concerns" me, because the man clearly is a heretic. Are you in the habit of defending heretics? Why all this "concern" for someone who is perverting the words of God? Hmmm? Your "concern" is misplaced - you should be more concerned about sound doctrine that is "pure" (without error) than someone who is clearly trying to lead God's people astray!

I have pointed out in a recent post that your "metaphor" of "throwing stones" is wrong and totally in error. Your thinking is so shot-through with Humanistic values that you cannot discern the simplest of Scriptural principles and precepts! You cannot paint gophgetters banning with a broad Humanistic brush such as: "you all have effectively rid yourselves of gophgetter. Throwing stones at everyone you think is wrong,".

Gophgetter is a heretic - we dealt with him according to the Scriptures, which you obviously disagree with. The fault was his - NOT ours! The error that you now embrace is yours - NOT ours! We have acted according to the Scriptures - you don't "like" the way we have conducted ourselves, even though the Bible is crystal clear that: "A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;" Titus 3:10. Your "problem" (and it is a serious "problem") is with the Scriptures, and ultimately with the God of the Bible. You REFUSE to believe what God has said about about heretics - or else IF you are in agreement with gophgetter you may be a heretic yourself (Please NOTICE the word IF!)

Are you saying that you are "stronger in the Scriptures" than my wife - because you may have mastered the Sophistical way of twisting and wresting Scripture out of context to make it say or "mean" something other than what God said?

Your sweeping condemnation of most of us on this Forum: "since I now see that this is the only acceptable viewpoint on these forums, despite diligents original intent which he expressed on http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2." is indicative of someone who is unwilling (or unable) to discern between a personal "viewpoint" and false doctrine or heresy.

Can't you see or discern that the doctrine that gophgetter was promoting was clearly heresy and NOT just a Humanistic "viewpoint"?

My wife singled you out, because, from the minute gophgetter joined the Forum, it was obvious to her (and to me - and I'm sure to others on this Forum) that you were "emboldened" to support him and his heresy (kind of like "coming out of the closet" - if you know what I mean!)

If you knew my wife, like I have for the past 47 years you wouldn't have dared insult her the way you have done. I truly doubt if there are 100 Christian women in the whole of the United States that could "measure up" to her when it comes to being a faithful wife, helpmate, and mother. For the 50 years I have been saved I have NEVER MET a single woman ("Christian" or otherwise) that has measured up to her selflessness and charity. If you don't believe me - look at her life verse under her name!)

You have stated: "
I have always stated that salvation is by grace through faith. I do add that salvation is conditional upon "faith" . . ." Our salvation is conditioned on our BELIEF in the Lord Jesus Christ (according the Bible record) and HIS FAITH - that He gave us. You are free to believe anything that you want to, but I would caution you that you are ADDING to the word of God IF you "think" that there is something you can "DO" to KEEP IT! The fact that you "can't see" something in the Bible doesn't make it untrue - it may be that God isn't showing you something because of your UNBELIEF!

The rest of your "post" is so full of "Humanistic drivel" that I refuse to deal with it, except to say that for someone who professes to believe the Bible - you show a remarkable inability to discern even the simplest Scriptural principles and precepts! You can obtain "knowledge" of the Bible from study and other people; you can even obtain rudimentary discernment from a study of the Bible and other people; but true Biblical Understanding and Wisdom cannot be gained from individual study or from other people. True Biblical Understanding comes only from God - As the Holy Spirit reveals to His own, the truths from God's word.

Am I angry - you bet I am! You Insulted my wife, but she will get over it (and so will I). Maybe next time you will think, before you go and run your mouth off about someone you know nothing about! But I doubt it!