Thread: Spiritual Anger
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Spiritual Anger

Aloha brothers in Christ,

It has become obvious to me (although it has taken over 30 years for me to "get a hold" of it), that if we have any genuine concern for the lost; our families; or for the brethren, that we are going to get down-hearted, saddened, disappointed, and even "angry" at times (I lost count as to how many times I have, in the past 50 years).

The problem (for me) has been that more often than not, I have been trying to accomplish things for God in the flesh (carnal) instead of by His Spirit - ". . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." [Zechariah 4:6] It sounds so "simple", but carrying out God's will for our lives involves having to trust God - and everything in our "old man" resists trusting God (especially in today's "materialistic" world).

Our duty is to testify (with His Holy word); God's duty is to "convict" and to "convince" - through the Holy Spirit (NOT us); and man's (men & women - Lost or Saved) responsibility is to BELIEVE!

Nowadays, when I get discouraged, I try to remember this verse and apply it to the situation at hand:

{John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.}

Think about it - we have been "promised" tribulation; but on the other hand we have been "assured" that our Lord and Saviour has overcome the world, and ultimately we will be "victors" in Him and because of Him.

As born-again believers we must learn to "trust" God - those words were written down (and preserved) for us so that we "might have peace" (not be disheartened). Trust God (for everything) "be of good cheer" He has overcome the world!