Thread: Spiritual Anger
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Default Spiritual Anger

Quote:
Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
There are two emotions that come over me when I'm discussing spiritual topics depending on the group that I'm speaking with. When I witness to unbelievers I often find myself very sadden by their denial. I know it's a seed planted but after some of the responses I received I can't help but to be sad. I had a recent conversation with a coworker where he denied God and all of His work and uplifted his belief in science and evolution. He is very knowledgeable in these fields but I can only thing that comes to mind after talking with him are verses such as

Quote:
I Corinthians 3:19- For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness

I Corinthians 1:19-For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent

I Corinthians 1:20-Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
It just saddens me when he and many others think there wisdom will bring them a good life or everlasting life.

Now let me talk about the other emotion. There are some biblical topics and doctrines that are debated amongst believers (even though there should be unity) because they are not directly addressed in scripture. These aren't the things that get to me. It is the doctrines that are clear in the scriptures. I get angry when scriptures are clear cut, black and white, no gray areas, but gray areas are created. I can't understand how when scriptures make a clear statement but other brothers and sisters go around that statement or make a gray area. Now going back to the scripture at the top of the post. Even though these things anger me, I don’t look down on the person or think of them any differently. I don’t think of myself as better than them. I just get angry when gray areas or scriptures aren’t followed. The anger is not directed at them. I don’t know where the anger is directed to though (something I want to find out).
I don't know if this happens to others. I just wanted to share this to open a discussion and get advice or personal experience .