View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Let me clear that up. Should be:

John the Baptist, pre-Pentecost/Church age saint.
(places him under dispensation of Law)

Punctuation matters!
Aloha brother Debau,

There are as many "theories" about the rapture (a "mystery" - when, where, and how), and the church (a "great mystery" - when, where, and how) as there are dispensationalist' "scholars". (Darby, Cronin, Stam, Bullinger, O'Hair, Baker, Moore, Watkins, Pember, Schofield, Larkin, Eade, etc,. etc., - there's lots more) and some "issues" have never been "nailed down" completely.

However, there is one thing for sure, as the following verses will clearly demonstrate: At this particular moment in time during the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry - His disciples (including the 12 apostles) were described by the Lord Himself as being the "children" of the "bridechamber" - NOT THE BRIDE!

Matthew 9:15
And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

Mark 2:19 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.

Luke 5:34 And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?

Just exactly when they became a part of the bride is a "mystery", which many men (with much more "schooling" and more brilliant than I), have wrestled with for years. Since I have never been able determine some of the "fine points" of these issues, I just leave the "guessing", "supposition", and "speculation" up to others, and move on to those things that I can discern. {Perhaps - the "weightier matters"?}