View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Now... what is the mystery of 1Cor 15 & 1Thess 4?
Is that a rhetorical question?
I thought you did a good job answering that question!

Anyway, the sum parts of the whole of God's separate eternal plans to different people, nations, and His Church (Jews, Gentiles + Christians), are grasped finitely by dispensational study, rightly dividing the word of God. Anything less is confusing.
How we get there, in the air, or resurrected from the dead, is the great hope!

Is Pentecost the dividing line for the Church age?
John the Baptist(pre-Pentecost, Church age saint) makes a disclaimer of being part of the Church here:

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

Hope this isn't too much of a rabbit trail. My intention is to stimulate discussion on "who ends up where, and when?", regarding this quote:

Quote:
These passages deal with those who are ‘in Christ’ (1Co 1:2; 15:18, 22, 1Thess 1:1; 4:14) and in regard to the ‘kingdom of God’ which flesh and blood cannot inherit (1Co 15:50).

I’ll now contrast this people group who are ‘in Christ’ alive and remaining, associated with the ‘kingdom of God’, to another people group at the return of the King