View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:50 AM
aussiemama

Good question. I actually believed the KJB to be the word of God before I was saved. It had to be this way for me because I needed an ultimate authority before I would understand (and even when I did understand I was pretty stinking rebellious).

My whole life I have grown up in church, anything from Baptist to Brethren to Presbyterian to Non Denominational etc. Whatever my father felt was best at the time. My father used to be a liberal KJV man where he thought it was "best" so we "used" it. But eventually when I became a teenager he began to think modern versions were better and easier to understand.

I was very rebellious at this time, so I liked being able to choose whatever Bible suited my fancy, and I chose the NIV. Not so much conviction of sins from the NIV. Right when I was reaching the height of my rebellion, I learned about the KJB only position. I had been playing Christian for my whole life (18) at this point. I researched the issue "intellectually" and became TR only from that. Later on someone pointed out to me Psalm 12:6-7 that the Bible was perfect. Before that I thought that the KJB was "the best, but because it was produced by men it had 'some' error". Although I was both rebellious and unsaved at this point, I desperately wanted to be saved, so if the Bible said something, I would believe it.

Once I was shown Psalm 12:6-7, I believed the KJB was perfect, but I didn't yet believe that it was given by inspiration. I actively fought against those that did and tried to get the world to "see that they were heretics". Bro Vince and his lovely wife Kathie could elaborate on this, and Luke, and drbible's son also. I just constantly attacked and worked against these people.

Thinking I was saved and all, I later married an American man (I'm from Australia originally) two years ago. At the time he was a TR man, but with the help of our pastor has become KJB only. After we had been married about a year, I began feeling much conviction on my life. In March of this year, I was saved. I became KJB only about three years ago.

Will share more of my salvation testimony at another time as I have small boys wanting mama's attention!