View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 08:06 PM
jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin54 View Post
I'm pre-trib as well, but this still confuses me. The verse before this speaks of jesus's return as he rides on a cloud (verse 30), and there is a mighty trumpet sounded while he gathers his elect with wind from the four corners of the earth.
Matthew 24 is speaking about events within the Tribulation. If verse 31 is referring to the rapture, then it is not pre-trib, but closer to post-trib. The term "elect" is referring to those who are saved - during this age, it refers to Christ's body, the church - but during the tribulation it is referring to those Jews who get saved sometime during it.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Quote:
I think I Thessalonians talks about a different resurrection than that of Christ, such as the resurrection of the dead before the rapture, what makes you think otherwise?
1 Thessalonians 4 is referring to the gathering of all believers, both living and dead, at the rapture. Those that have already died are raised up and the living believers will be caught up together with them. Then the tribulation will start sometime shortly after that.