View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
Connie

The only thing Look3476 said that I could agree with (or understand, for that matter) was that it was Jesus' sacrifice that cut off the temple sacrifices and was the reason the temple was completely destroyed some 40 years later.

That doesn't mean that the prophecies we are now trying to understand couldn't involve the restored temple, though, and we know that preparations are being made in Israel for that to happen.

HOWEVER, the positive light in which this expected restored temple is regarded by many has always seemed very much out of line with the Bible to me, because the temple itself is an abomination now that its function has been completely fulfilled by Christ. That is why it was destroyed. So if it IS restored it cannot be regarded as a holy place.

In fact, it just occurred to me that the restored temple itself could be the "abomination of desolation," as its existence and use would deny the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice, being nothing but the Old Testament type of Christ which Christ fulfilled, so you could say it is usurping the rightful place of Christ. An abomination standing in the holy place.

In any case, the temple can't be defiled as Jerry goes on to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
The one who will stop the sacrifices and will defile the temple is of the people that destroyed Jerusalem. That was not Jesus, that will be the Antichrist, from the revived Roman Empire.
. . . because it IS already defiled by even existing at all, by sacrificing animals at all, if it ever gets to that point.

Last edited by Connie; 04-14-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: correcting bad sentences, grammar etc.