View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 AM

I think you asked a legitimate question about the lack of life in churches today.

I believe it all starts with faith, or lack of it.

Quote:
2 Peter 1:5-8 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Everything is built upon faith. James 2 talks about faith without works being dead.

I think looking for my particular gift(s) actually hindered me. I simply didn't seem to have any. At the same time there were things that I was called to do that I couldn't seem to pass off even though I felt very unqualified. Only after I was finally obedient and acted in faith did I experience the strength of God helping me. I believe that further strengthed my faith more than if I had demanded some great gift from God first. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2Cor 12:10b).

I wonder how many other people are waiting for some gift or sign to suddenly appear before they step out in faith in what they may already feel called to do.