View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM
whirlwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKG View Post
Romans 9:3-5 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever.
Note the Israelites of Romans 9:4 are called by Paul "my kinsmen according to the flesh".

As they should be...Paul being of the tribe of Benjamin they were of his flesh. But, the adoption is to be adopted to them...not them to gentiles.

Quote:
Philippians 3:4-5 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Epheisans 1:4-5 According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will.
This verse says nothing about being adopted into the "family of Israel". When I got saved I was baptized into Christ (Galatians 3:27) and am now "of the household of God (Ephesians 2:19), but my adoption is future.
Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye ae no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

And is His household those of Islam, those that worship Buddah, Hindus, or other Gentiles? Of course not....you are now of His family, His household. You have been adopted. Why do you believe it is future? You mention [3:27]but I ask you to read the next few verses.....
Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

3:28-29 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male and female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
They don't become the seed of Gentiles....Gentiles become Abraham's seed and, as adopted children into their family....heirs according to the promise.

Quote:
Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

That "adoption" isn't as "heirs to the promise" but the adoption of our bodies. The change of [1 Corinthians 15:52] when "we shall all be changed."