View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 AM

Default New here & brief intro

Hi all! I am looking forward to getting involved in the discussions and getting to know fellow Bible-Believers.

I am a stay at home wife and mom and home-school teacher to our 5 children.
We are Baptist in doctrine and some would consider us "Ruckmanite" in our stand on the Bible. We are trying to live separate from this world and hold to "old fashioned" standards. It concerns and saddens us to see how Christians these days are welcoming the world into their lives with open arms. And for this reason we possibly go too much the opposite direction to avoid this.

My husband is the Assistant Pastor at our Bible Baptist Church. I play the piano to fill a need in the church (not because I am any good!). We are the youth leaders and we both teach Sunday School and Children's Church.

I was raised in an IFB church, went to the church's Christian school, then later was homeschooled. I was saved at the age of 4, rededicated my life at 13 in a revival service preached by Peter Accardi.
I met my husband at the church his Dad pastored. He had just graduated Bob Jones University and was considering Bible school when we met.
Shortly thereafter he moved to Pensacola to attend PBI and learn the Bible under Dr. Ruckman. Having just graduated BJU they were a little suspicious of him thinking he was a spy! LoL But quickly realized he was not.
We married after his 2nd yr and I was privileged to attend the church and classes for a couple of years. Being just 18 at the time I only regret that I didn't realize what a blessing that was and took it for granted.

Fast forward 15 years and here we are.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Amanda