View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:55 PM

Gen 4:2 does not say Eve bore twins. It says she bore Cain (Abel is not mentioned) and then said, "I have gotten a man (singular as meaning ONE)from the LORD. Just because verse 3 does not mention Adam knowing Eve again doesn't mean it didn't happen. There are lists of people born in the Bible without reference to their parent's sex life.

What bothers me is that several of you read more into the Bible than what it says. Geologist suggested that Satan (the serpent) had relations with Eve that resulted in Cain being born.

Quote:
Cain and Able were twins, the former one's father was the "serpent" and the latter one's father was Adam. Sort of twins, but not: Two babies, two fathers.
Those are Geologists words, but Gen 4:1 clearly states that Adam knew Eve and she conceived, and bare Cain (Abel is not mentioned in this verse).

Twins are mentioned in the Bible

Gen 25:24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.

Gen 38:27 And it came to pass in the time of her travail, that, behold, twins were in her womb.

Now, if I were to use your logic, because twins are mentioned in Gen 25:24 and Gen 38:27, then the Bible should have also mentioned twins in Gen 4:1.

And by "your logic" I mean the highlighted statement here:

Quote:
Eve again bare his brother Abel: there is no mention of Adam knowing his wife again, so either it doesn't mention it (which is unlikely, given the detail of Scripture) or they're twins. There is no reason to argue that they were not twins other than simple contrariness.
If pointing out your errors makes me obstinate and difficult, then so be it. You see a gap that is never mentioned, Satan the serpent with Eve, and twins where there were none.

Last edited by Winman; 03-05-2009 at 12:04 AM.