View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewis3348 View Post
Okay, let's just get this straight. You believe that the KJV translators were inspired and actually had the ability to correct the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts they translated from (at least this is what Peter Ruckman believes and from what I can tell you are ardent supporters of him and his doctrine).
Brother, I do not really know what is in the mind of the others who post on this Forum. And my explanations are not "intellectual" or "scholarly." So I simply say that I believe:

"For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:21).

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16).

I do not believe as you said, "the KJV translators were inspired and actually had the ability to correct the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts they translated from." Please take the time to read this post.

Personally, I believe God inspired [free from error] His infallible [incapable of error] word by using "holy men of God" that "spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost," and that throughout the course of time, He has preserved that word by using fallible human beings.

I believe the preservation of His word is not dependent on man's perfection or inspiration, but rather God's. I believe, with simple childlike faith, without requiring any historical or tangible evidence, that God has preserved His word for us through the King James version of the Bible.

As I've said on other threads in this Forum, my "inner man" which is born again and indwelt with the Holy Spirit of promise, bears witness with the words which are contained in the KJB. That's it. That's my shallow, meaningless, puny explanation of "why the King James."

Even as a young Christian, when attempting to read from other versions with a "friendlier" English and more "modern" language, the words, to me, had no power or depth and richness to them. Nobody instructed me that we should read the KJB only. Nobody condemned me for reading another version. It is a choice I made based solely on the leading and direction of the Holy Spirit, operating through the written word of God. That is not based on my carnal feelings or emotions, and it's not spiritual arrogance, or a claim to be better, but rather, it is spiritual discernment, perception, and enlightenment. It is God bearing witness with my spirit. I don't argue, but I do attempt to reason with others.

So come now, let us reason together. Do you believe God is able and has preserved His word the way He intended? If so, which Bible do we have in our possession that is His preserved word?

That's not argumentative. Those are simple and honest questions.