View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
If GT can make it through the gauntlet of this forum and still have some hair and hide left, I'll give him a Th.D too.

You meanies that keep picking on him about his "extreme" position, take a look at his picture! He's a BABY still. Wet behind the ears and green top-to-bottom. He'll wake up one day and realize that the degrees really don't matter all that much, unless one is intending to turn them into cash or men's praise. My father always downplayed his Th.D, though it was a very tough process to complete for him as a pastor of a small church with little income or time.

GT has roots in the KJB. One day he will see the truth. I feel confident about that. That change will be delayed by the beatings, however. Brethren! Smile, shake his hand, pat him on the shoulder, and let him know you love his fervor. Then if you feel the need to, pop him on the back of the head when he's not looking.
Brother Tim, you of all people should know that anything said to Tim is a rebuke of posts that come within a wiff of promoting "the greek" and theology to correct the Bible. It is hard to not "pick apart" anyone who joins and from their own website says they are extremely against what we believe.
However, by the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ I will give Tim the benefit of the doubt, and see where his posts lead him, Yes he is young, but that is even more troubling for me, I am 10 years older and I want to be saying to my Brothers In Christ
"Brothers stand with me, Stand fast in the frontline, sharp swords drawn ready for honouring our Lord and Saviour and his word"
not
"Maybe we will miss the battle if we stay in the Library"

I pray also that what he may learn may lead him into the truth, but I fear what he has already learned (From his website) his own wisdom is preventing him.

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1 Corinthians 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.