View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:41 PM

Hebrews to Jude looks like "general" epistles, and they have "church words" in them.

A little more closer look, and one will find that:

The letter to the HEBREWS teaches holding on to the end to be saved.
JAMES writes to the twelve tribes and requires works added to faith for justification.
PETER writes to the Jewish strangers scattered in Gentile countries about grace, faith, and salvation that are yet to be revealed and brought at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
JOHN's epistles are more general, but he also writes salvation being conditioned upon walking in the light and loving the brethren.
JUDE talks about the "common salvation" spoken by the Lord before the cross, which is quite different from "your salvation" according to Paul's gospel, which is a mystery not revealed before.

Words like "faith", "grace", "salvation", "elect", "church", "coming", "last days", "justified", "sanctified", etc. etc. -- they all look the same, sound the same, spell the same -- but it is a fact in the English language and in Bible interpretation that they do not always mean the same.

A simple example: "house" Does it always mean "building"?

As I've said all scripture is profitable, rightly divided. I preach and teach through the Bible every year. I receive a lot of spiritual blessings even from Leviticus 11.

Refusal to "rightly divide" results in improper mixing. "Halo-halo" is a nice summer treat, but poor hermeneutics.