Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 PM

Sister, I should have put my name in my signature long before now. It's confusing to keep people straight when coming on a new board. It's kind of funny, you can't imagine how many times in my life I have been called Jessica.

A note of explanation: I always assume if someone addresses an undesignated quote in their response to me that they may think I wrote those words. Also, others who read it, even months later, lol, can get confused and attribute the quote to me.

I believe you brought the topic back up again and you asked me what scriptures I would use to say that a believer marrying an unbeliever should not be done if it is not sin.

These are our individual opinions.

It' sin.
It's not God's perfect will and therefore a bad idea.

I ask you where in the Bible God names it as sin.
You ask me where in the Bible I get my ideas about it being a bad idea.

I've stated everything I know about why it's a bad idea and even summarized them on my post before last.

You still haven't told me where God says He will judge it as sin.

Still, you've just given your opinion.

Since God (to my knowledge) hasn't labeled it as such, neither should I. There are things that people, not just christians, do in their lives that are not specified as sin, that really mess them up.

Quote:
Amanda's
My
Quote:
I would never counsel a believer to marry an unbeliever ... unless there were extenuating circumstances. Perhaps if they are already sleeping together, and they won't or can't stop, which is something that is specifically NAMED AS SIN...fornication, or adultery. Or if the woman was pregnant by the man.
Amanda's
Quote:
OK...I'll give you that...But I would still say willfully doing that which is wrong (bad, not God's will etc.) is sin...We all know lying is a sin but I would lie in a heartbeat to protect my children from an intruder were he to ask where in the house they were hiding. God forgive me. I am not talking about extenuating circumstances anyway...I was speaking generally...if after counseling, warnings, ignoring God's will the person still willfully chose to marry anyway I think it's plain out wrong...Wronger than coveting or lying? No. But still wrong.
Just about any mother would lie, and rightly so, to save her child from a dangerous person. That's not a sin. During the German occupation of europe people hid Jews in their basements and attics in order to save their lives. They lied out of compassion, not from an evil heart. They were trying to save lives from the hands of murderers. Rahab lied to the king of Jerico about the Israelite spys. She lied out of faith, not from a deceitful heart. Hebrews 11:31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. God is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. There are some things that people do that only He can tell if it is sin or not. So if He doesn't tell me something is sin, who am I to say it is?