View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by premio53 View Post
Does it contradict the apostle Paul? If not why not? Thanks.
Ro 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Ga 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Ga 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Ga 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Hab 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
Ro 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Both Paul and Jesus Christ made it clear many were following the Law in order to fulfil ordinances of the Law yet were doing it without faith. Paul then states that through the fall of Israel would come the exaltation of the Gentiles something that was NOT prophesied at anytime before:

Rom. 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Eph. 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you–ward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3: 9 is also a stumbling block for hyperCalvinism, as I see much striving and wresting iof Scripture to make "all men" ONLY "the elect".

I stand with brother Luke: Paul was a Hebrew of the Hebrews and no one else knew the Law as he did, thus unto him was committed the gospel of the grace of God that we Gentiles would be partakers of the sacrifice of Christ on Calvary and His resurrection and salvation was open to everybody now apart from the works of the Law, the Law was a schoolmaster to bring the Jews to Christ and a pretty straight and direct statement that apart from Christ, there was no avenue of salvation open to us Gentiles and Jews save for Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. In the OT Gentiles received favor only through the rise and their blessing of Israel, the program hid in God NOW is that through their fall we ALL hve salvation, and that totally apart from the works of the Law.

Grace and peace my friend

Tony