View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 06:11 PM

Default Of Repentance and of Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind and Body View Post
Luke 13:3: I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

But what is Biblical repentance, anyway? I haven't gotten a definitive answer.
Repentance in the Bible simply means to admit your'e a guilty. This is what we actually mean by a change of mind. While it is true that it is not to forsake(a long process) or to submit to God's will (for no one can repent if in God's will), nevertheless, it is a pre-requisite to receiving(believing) Jesus to be our Saviour. For no one can really believe(receive) Christ to be His Saviour without admitting he sinned. The question is can a person be saved if he is not willing to admit that he sin? In Acts 16:31 the Philipian jailor asked Paul and Silas on how to get saved. Paul and Silas simply answered the Jailor to "believed" in the Lord Jesus Christ. But what about repentance, the context in Acts 16, I believe is that it teach to us repentance hence, the jailor would almost have to kill himself(an implied sorrow). Repentance was also done by the malefactor when together with our Lord during the crucifixion.For an in depth study refer to Luke 23:39-43. So we see that repentance is necessary in accepting the salvation i.e. to believe Christ. I've been saved by believing Jesus as my Saviour. Jesus came to be a Saviour. He came for the purpose of saving you and me, for Jesus came "to seek and to save which was lost". Here is a Saviour Christ and we are sinners who will be needing a Saviour but only a sinner who is willing to admit that he needs a Saviour by faith will be saved.

Jude 25
www.fredsites.weebly.com