View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 08:29 AM

I have family members who are into this charismatic movement. A uncle who just started attending a Pentecostal church,spoke to me about being slain in the spirit,a cousin who was explaining to me how to speak in tongues and that in order to heal, you have to be extremely close to God. Well,how much closer can you be,when a saved person like myself ,who has accepted the Lord into my heart,has the Holy Spirit dwelling within you.

Like you said Stephen,It is very difficult, almost impossible to witness to them.
Winman,it is definately disturbing to see that child. Those people will not listen to Biblical doctrine,it is harder to reach someone who has religion.
I can pray for them and speak to them,but all of the time spent with them chasing your tail,could be spent speaking to others who are more receptive.
Th JW's that have visited me about 5 times this year,Do not hear what you say about Jesus,but skew the issue with Jehovah. I have told them about salvation,they choose to not listen,but to push there religion. Pray for them,Speak to them,give them a tract and send them on there way.

Matthew 10v14: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Mark 6v11:
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.