View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Connie

I'm OK I think with a glossary, but I'm still on the principle of the thing.

I'd like to start my own list. I hope to get to it soon.

I'm not trying to convince anybody myself, I just really do not get this position you are all taking here. It makes no sense to me. It seems a superstitious and letter-bound and completely unspiritual position. I'm still keeping an open mind but nobody has convinced me yet.

But about who should do the updating. This is certainly not something any company that sells Bibles should do at all, nor individuals or even individual ministries like Waite's and Cloud's. It is the responsibility of the church at large -- or in our day, all the Spirit-led Bible-believing churches. It was the church that authorized the King James and chose the translators, wasn't it? There are practical problems with that sort of undertaking in our day, just as there are the practical problems you mention with getting a publisher, but again the practical problems are not the main thing to be concerned about. I need to convince myself one way or the other about the RIGHTNESS of it whether it is possible in actuality or not.

There's no point in saying more, though, until I get a few more things thought through or get a list begun.