View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I have a constant nagging in my own mind. I oft fear that I am not saved. Now, I have mentioned this before on this forum and another, but my thoughts are becoming clearer now. I'm not sure if I have or do trust in Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I thought I did, I don't remember now.

I've sinned greatly against God and hate my sin, yet often find myself committing it again and again willfully.

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether. I used to fight it. I am wanting God to forgive me and turn my heart away from it and totally to Him.

My problem is with forgiveness... can God forgive me?
Here are a few questions to clear this up for you...

Do you believe Jesus Christ is God?

Do you believe He died on the cross and shed His blood for you?

Do you believe He rose three days later?

Do you accept His free gift of salvation?

If you said yes to all three then all you must do is ask Him into your heart. It is not a difficult thing and seems to easy to be true BUT IT IS! Thank God He made salvation all on Him and nothing on our part. All we must do it believe. If you can't remember doing this before then by all means DO IT NOW. If you have and know you understood it back then, then don't let Satan keep telling you that you are unsaved because you sin willingly. WE ALL SIN WILLINGLY! We are ALL sinners. Never forget that. I am not trying to down play sin but we do all do it.

Again, we are all sinners. Jesus died for all. You hate your sin and love it at the same time. Sin is fun for a season. This is why we all do it. Grant it, IT IS WRONG. I do not want to sound like I approve of sinning, I don't. Pray and seek God. Fight it. Never think you are lost do to it though unless you don't ever remember being saved in the past. Satan uses this ploy to depress Christians and make them feel like failures. If he is successful he will make you drop out of the race for Christ and make you useless. Don't give in to Satan.

This will never happen while you are still in the flesh. You will always sin until the day you die or are ratured up. Remember...it is all Satan's ploy. Fight sin but remember Jesus love you and move on. Satan just wants to trip you down and watch you lay there. GET BACK UP AND KICK HIM IN THE BUTT!