Thread: New member!
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

to: Here Am I,
Truthfully, my acceptance of Christ happened when I least expected it. It did not happen overnight. It was a learning process. In 2006, I started searching for myself at first, instead of Christ, because at this time I did not understand the point of having religions. I had embraced more of a liberal, 'feel-good' attitude and decided inside my head that Judaism and Christianity were very similar. I also thought about Islam and their doctrines. As stubborn as I was, I impatiently thought all religions each had a piece of the key that leads back to God, yea even evolution, karma, Taoism, etc.. I didn't understand why religion divided people. I thought it was supposed to bring people together. So, unconsciously thinking, I told myself and others, 'why not put them all together!' Just like the New Age Spirituality thing going on! I was beginning to hate the conservatives and embrace a liberal agenda.

In 2008, I started attacking the absurdity of existing religions, declaring that we need to communicate better, come together, regardless of your religion. I researched extensively for Truth and landed into sites that shows false christs and false prophets; yea even Herbert Armstrong and Robert Wildhelm had the strongest hold on my mind. This time I focused on Christ(in a selfish way) and went back to church in 2008. At this point I felt that I knew who Christ was, boy was I dead wrong! I didn't even notice my arrogant and prideful attitude! I stopped going to church in mid-2008. I wandered around, working jobs, sort of knowing Christ must be real but not being very acceptive of it. I just read the NIV at this point, skipping a lot of stuff. It was not until I saw those websites I mentioned earlier, in late 2008, that revealed to me about which Bible version was correct. BTW I don't know how I found those websites, I just happened to stumble upon it, unconsciously. As I read, I got so shocked, I compared verses, then read KJV of John, Matthew, and some Proverbs. I could not believe how ALIVE the words were: I felt a gentle slow whisper, I felt my heart to calm down, I ate the words up slowly, one by one. At this point I was overcome by excitedness, my feelings just had to burst out; I could not contain it. I stood up, looked up, with my arms out, and said, "THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN'T DO, GOD!!! OH THANK HEAVEN JESUS IS FINALLY REAL!!!" Then I prayed over and over with such fervor and hastiness how wrong I was to doubt.

That's pretty much what I remember, I'm just surprised how hazy and quick the last few years have been, my gosh, a walking zombie wasn't I!!!! It just shows how downright dangerous new religions are beginning to get right now.....It really is that SEDUCTIVE, itchy ears, itchy ears!!