View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 07:09 AM

Christ was not "re-inspiring" the Scripture when he stood up for to read. The fact is that Isaiah was operating under inspiration, and Luke was operating under inspiration when writing.

As for the misquotation of Luke 10, I shall give it with the proper wording and numbering:

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

I think, as evidenced by the huge discrepencies between the real quotation and the misquotation of Luke 10 in the previous post, that we are reading someone who is insincere regarding his questioning.

Even the modern version people who believe in inspiration know full well that one rendering within inspiration does not have to literally match another one. But it is a complete illogical leap to say that this yet justifies different new translations being made today.

It is clear that the lawyer was not quoting Deuteronomy 6:5 word for word. But his answer certainly correctly interprets the spirit of the law. Jesus was not testing whether or not he had stenographic memory, but whether he knew the fundamental teaching of the law.

Last edited by bibleprotector; 06-11-2008 at 07:25 AM.