View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEWAY View Post
this is not true at all. ANYTHING GOD SAYS IS INSPIRED! but only the Bible (in english KJB) is a reliable record of HIS WORDS.

During the early church when the New Test. was still being written God translated HIS WORD into every language in the world. For example, someone stands up in the Corinthian church and reads Pauls letter and folks from other languages hear it in their own language then that is a perfectly "inspired translation". I have heard people argue that it wasn't God's Word that was being spoken under the gift of tongues but if people are getting saved then that proves it is God's Word. People can not be saved without hearing God's Word. faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the WORD OF GOD.

BIBLE PROTECTOR - if you think the distinction of "inspired" is between written and spoken then what about Acts 13:49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region. ? you are obviously much more learned on this topic then myself but maybe it is your mixed up doctrine on gift of tongues and your zeal for australia and eng language that is causing you problems.

God died for everyone even those who wouldn't accept Him and He preserved HIS WORD in every language even in those countries who reject Him.
My position is God does everything He does by "inspiration". He gave the original manuscripts by inspiration, He gives copies and translations from age to age by inspiration, and it works effectually in those who believe His words, by His inspiration. Triple Inspiration of the Scriptures. The material His words are transmitted to is not perfect, the words are perfect. The scribe and writers are not perfect, the words themselves are perfect. The Universe is not perfect, Jesus Christ was perfect, God's will is perfect, His words are perfect.

For the first time in all history, starting in 1611, we have His whole counsel gathered together in one place.

Whether or not the word of God has been preserved and given by inspiration in Zulu is something I can't speak to, I don't speak Zulu. I speak a little Russian and that's it.

Grace and peace

Tony