View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM

I believe that God inspired the Originals which we do not have today and also the King James Bible. I do not believe any other bible that we have today is preserved or inspired by God. I believe that people can be saved by any bible as long as it shows the plan of Salvation, which is by Faith alone in the Church Age. I believe people can be saved through a tract or even being told how to be saved.

But, I believe if someone wanted to be a serious student of the word of God, they need a King James Bible. I'm sure you can learn things in other bibles, but the other bibles just don't match up to the preserved, inspired King James Bible.

So why would God use the English language to preserve His word? Because it is the universal language. Because most Christians today speak English and God knew that, so He chose English to get the gospel out.

Why do I take such a chance? Because the fruit of the King James Bible since 1611 has been amazing. Also, the promise of the church that kept the word was given to the Philadelphia church (1500,(1611)-1990), not to the early Apostolic church (A.D. 90-200).

You might say that God never promised to inspire any translation. Nor does Matthew, Mark, John, Peter or James claim inspiration.

Why would God use the King James translators as tools? I believe because they were humble. Every other bible you read the translators boast in their work. The King James translators referred themselves as "poor instruments". We read in the Bible where God will use people with a humble heart.

I can think of three times in the Bible when God translated things and they were perfect.

2 Samuel 3:10 "To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba." KJV

It was God who translated Saul's kingdom to David.

Colossians 1:13 "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" KJV

God translated Christians into the kingdom of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." KJV

God translated Enoch that he should not see death.

-------

You say you don't believe in double inspiration? What about when Moses broke the first set of the Ten Commandments? Do you believe God inspired the second set? Since we do not have the originals now, don't you think God would inspire the King James Bible?

Psalms 12:6 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 *Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."