View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 PM

Well, it looks like Ron might not be back after all. Perhaps he read these scriptures and was convicted. Let's trust that continued prayer for him will bear fruit.
Now, I recently came across someone in my city who advertised a Bible study group, so naturally, I inquired, and ended up making a new friend. We talked at length on the phone for 3 hours+ the other night. He's actually a microbiology PhD at McGill and a creationist! So we had lots to talk about on that. But it also turns out that he's an SDA.
We ha a really great conversation about doctrine, using scriptures back and forth. He remained open-minded and agreed that the scriptures alone should be his final authority. I told him we should pick one or two topics, and stick to them alone for our discussion, so we don't get too sidetracked, and of course we picked Sabbath observance.
So, I'm getting drawn into this discussion with a person all over again, but he seems to have a good attitude, and I even made some points about the Bible versions that he agreed with!
So, I've borrowed a few of the texts from this thread, along with tons of others I've gathered, but I wanted to share one article on an ex-SDA website that I found to be very beneficial.
I'm giving him this article along with other scriptures, I'll let you all know how it goes.
Hey, at least I know he's more or less free to come to a Bible-believing IFB church on Sunday, assuming he doesn't mind accepting the mark of the beast, of course!

http://www.nonsda.org/study7.shtml