View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
I have always heard that Isaac and Rebekah (Rebecca) are a picture of Christ and the Church.
No problem with types. Types are simply illustrations, but not all illustrations fit 100%. Not only that, some illustrations are far-fetched.

Quote:
I think this is more support that the Church is both the body and bride of Christ. Abraham would only accept a blood relative (member of the body) as a bride for his son.
That's where I think the problem is. Nobody in the Bible anywhere has ever called the church a "bride" (and how can Paul the revelator of the church not mention that word one time).
Fact 1. The Bible compares the church (Body of Christ) to a "wife" as well as to a "virgin".
Fact 2. The Bible compares Israel to a "wife" and to a "BRIDE".
I have no problem the Bible telling me that the "wife" of Ephesians 5 is the church, and I sure believe the Bible (at least now after refusing to believe it a long time ago) when it tells me that the "bride" of John 3:29 is Israel (John 1:31) and the "bride", "the Lamb's wife" in Revelation 21, is the "holy Jerusalem" (21:10), associated with "the twelve tribes of the children of Israel" (21:12).

Quote:
And I am no Bible scholar whatsoever, but I always believed we would be in the Lord's army in Revelation

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

To me, this army upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean describes the Church, those washed pure by the blood of Christ.
1. Angels are clothed in white, and they are armies of heaven. Matthew says they will be with Christ at the Second Coming.
2. Israel (also called "saints") will be clothed in white, and they are also armies of God. The Lord cometh with his saints at the Second Coming.
3. The Church will be clothed in white, and they are also soldiers of the Lord. They shall "ever be with the Lord".

That angels and Israel will be with Christ at His Second Coming has been seen in OT and NT PROPHECY, but that the church (the "Body of Christ") will be with him has been hidden in a MYSTERY and revealed only through Paul. (Stamites have misused this great truth, all for the sake of excluding baptism from, what they say, "Mystery Program".)

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

John did not tell me anything about the "church" in Revelation 19 and 21, but Paul did tell me that I'd be there (1 Thessalonians 4:18).