View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
I also agree that 2 Chron. 7:13-14 is certainly not a promise to Americans; Americans are not "His people, which are called by His Name." That's a very popular verse, but, when applied to the United States, it is taken completely out of context.
I'm not applying it to the United States.
I'm applying the principle to people. His people.
And, I think God has people in America.
They are not all his people, but many are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I also wanted to add something here concerning blessings. I do believe that God is well able to use America for good, and perhaps He might just bless the nation to further some future political situation that I don't forsee...
Correct Stephen, He is able to bless whoever He wants. To be clear, He can also chastise his children. I'm sorry to see some of us believe God has removed his hand from our nation. If he did that, I think all of us would be in for a rude awakening. I can certainly understand anyone saying that, it certainly seems dark at times. But I feel like God continues to bless America, even today. I see God's blessings everywhere, every day. I think it is only his blessings and mercy which have kept us free and safe so far. People have no idea how much worse it could be without God's love and blessings. Maybe it's a case of seeing the glass half full vs. half empty, lol...

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-18-2008 at 10:02 AM.