View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
About half have turned their back on God.
But I'm not sure they ever really were facing God to begin with.

You think so? I have freedom to share the Gospel with any of my neighbors today. Bible study in my home, no problem. Handing out tracts on a daily basis, in the airport, the sidewalk, I can buy radio and television spots, heck I can buy a billboard if I want to. Some of us have obviously never lived in an anti-Christian nation. Please read:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/...inst_chri.html

I believe that we are just now entering this new Anti-Christian era (I think the post-Christian era began in 1880 and then in the 1980's we started seing signs that the post-Christian era was ending and the new anti-Christian attitutude among people was beginning.). Those freedoms you are talking about cannot last. EVERY dispensation ends with apostacy, why should it be different in this one?

We are the wicked nation.
Us. You. Me. Them.
People. The wheat, the chaff.
You are correct, praying is good, and we can also win souls and put better politicians in office too, who will influence the laws. God gave us the freedom and the power of the Gospel to make change in people's lives and secure men's souls for eternity. Losing our vision, now that is a problem. But I do not believe America is beyond God's blessings. To the contrary, I think it is only his blessings and mercy which are keeping us from becoming a nuclear fireball right now.

"If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chron. 7:13-14

This a promise for the nation of Israel.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18

Do you think you will convince God to change His mind about the great apostasy that sweeps across this world? Do you think the world wide economic crisis (yes, brother the whole world is feeling the crunch) is just a coincedence? Or could it be that the world is being prepared for the one to come, the one the world will look to as their "Answers Man" for all the tribulation this world is about to go through?
My position doesn't change in this matter. Perhaps in small rural communities accross America one can still feel like America is the nation it once used to be, but where I come from everything has changed. I could talk all night about the apostasy I see in my community of 70+ thousand. I could tell you how I could go into the Hastings bookstore and literally throw out thousands of books in the "Christian" section (likely every single one of them) and not feel at all concerned about one of them being worth reading. I could telll you all the conversations I've had with "Christians" about the current condition of the Christian faith. No, brother, America is not the same. Also, I don't even believe America will have revival either. You cannot force revival on a land by overthrowing the current government. Thomas Müntzer tried that, it doesn't work. Prophesy must be fulfilled, and our nation isn't even mentioned in it. "Assimilate or dissintegrate" will be the motto of the future.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 11-17-2008 at 05:01 PM.