View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 06:59 AM
aussiemama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Actually, there's also Proverb 6:16-19

However, before we start to fuss, I'd like you to know that this very topic has been debated before, over at Cody's place, and it caused a lot of division and discord. It was not a situation that any of us should want to repeat.

That being said, I would like to know why this subject is being pursued, again. Many of us from that thread are now here...are we desirous of having the same thing happen here? Do we want to 'stir the pot' to see what happens?

I hope not, I believe most of us are mature enough to want to avoid sowing discord...
Here Am I hit the nail on the head. Folks, I still have trouble in the area of spite, and God has been working on me. I started this topic to "get at" someone who I know had the potential to get very upset on this topic. I know what happened on the other site with this issue. I did want to pick a fight. Right AFTER I posted, when it was too late, I remembered that there is a verse in the Bible (several of them in Proverbs actually) that say something like that only by pride cometh strife and contention. Wish I had remembered that BEFORE I posted.

I apologize for trying to pick a fight. I guess not all of us are "mature" enough yet. *Hangs head in shame*. Please forgive me guys, especially Bro Jamie as it is him I meant to hurt with this.

Pray that God helps me overcome in this area!