View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:03 AM

Default Re: " A Question Concerning Hell --"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shofar View Post
"Ok, yesterday I was moving through the internet looking for biblical reference when I found the link to Dial-the-Truth Ministries. Curious to look around, I notice several links referring to articles concerning the location of the lake of fire, aka hell. Interesting reading, & disturbing at the same time. However, here's my question that I hope others can share their thoughts to, because I'm a little confused now."

One of the articles: http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

"This one has a segment towards the bottom of a claim that there are wailings & screams directly below us, even now. But if I'm understanding my Holy Bible correctly, I thought that souls slumber until one of two events -- the resurrection for souls that believe in Jesus Christ & keep His word & the day of judgment & the second death where they not found in the Book of Life would be cast into the lake of fire forever. This website looks like it defends the KJV, but what is the story behind that sound byte of the wailings? Are there tormented souls already in the lake of fire & if so, how is that possible?

Am I wrong? If it be true, that's enough to make my hair stand on edge for a very long time. I pray for understanding & thoughts into the matter, thanks.
"
Aloha Shofar,

Man's "Attributes" are:

MAN'S "SUBSTANCE":
Body (our Tabernacle), Soul (our Essence), & Spirit (our Life)

MAN'S "FACULTIES":
Heart (our Motivator), Mind (our Facilitator), & Conscience (our Regulator)

{Man is made up of 5 parts that are spiritual in nature and one part that is physical.}

When a man dies three things happen instantaneously:

#1. His spirit departs the body and goes back to God, who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it

James
2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Ecclesiastes 8:8
There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those
that are given to it.

#2. His soul departs the body and either goes to be with the Lord (if he's saved) or, if he has failed to believe the Gospel, his soul goes to Hell (Not the Lake of Fire - not yet).

2 Corinthians 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Genesis 35:18
And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.

Luke 16:22
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

#3. The body goes into the ground and "sleeps" until either the "First Resurrection" (of the saints), or the "Resurrection of the dead" (the second resurrection).

Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:11
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death .
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

"Soul sleep" is a heresy taught by Jehovahs Witnesses (and others). You will note that when the Lord Jesus Christ described the condition of a soul in Hell (this is NOT a "Parable"), that although the body was "buried" (asleep), the soul of the rich man was very much alive and still possessed all of his faculties (heart/mind/conscience).

This is a very short explanation of a very long study. Be very careful who you read or go to for the answers to your questions. The Holy Scriptures contain all of your answers, but you need to ask God to not only give you knowledge, but that He also will give you understanding, discernment, and wisdom in these matters.