View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Solabiblia

Why do you care that we believe the KJV to be the infallible Word of God? How does that hurt you? I am probably a little older than you and I have learned that it is a waste of time and weariness to debate any subject with those who do not agree with you.

Prov 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Does that bother you that I imply you are a fool? Well, we are believers of principal, and that is what we believe. Do you not also think we are fools?

1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So, I am sure you believe us to be fools. I can honestly say that that does not bother me in the least. I do not need your approval.

And 1 Cor 2:14 shows the difference between us. We believe the Bible is "spiritually discerned", you believe the Bible is discerned through scholarship.

The understanding of the scriptures does not come through scholarship, it is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

If you want to know why we believe the KJV to be the infallible Word of God, there is a good article here.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/moor...servation.html

All I can give you is my personal testimony. I got saved as a young boy about 11 years old in a Baptist Church in Panama City, Florida. We used only the KJV and that was all I knew. Back then it was what almost everybody knew to be the Word of God (1965).

My family moved away after that. I did not really come from a religious family. We did not attend church very often. But I had an Aunt who sent me a RSV. I used to read it for hours, but it caused me much confusion. I saw all the footnotes that said things like "better manuscripts omit this verse" and the like.

Well, that bothered me, and bothered me a lot. I wanted to know God's true Word. I prayed about it all the time and asked God to show me the truth. I had a little pocket KJV version New Testament, and to me this was the Word of God, I cannot really explain to you how I knew that, but I did. I did some study and read some books, but I was still tossed around by all the different and conflicting opinions.

Then one day I was reading and read a verse I had read many times before.

Matt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Now, I had read this verse many times, but this time the phrase "every word' really jumped out at me. I thought very hard on this. And it occured to me that if God is truly a loving God, and if he expects us to live by every word, then it would only be right and fair that he provide "every word".

That probably means little to you, but that cleared up all the confusion for me. I knew that God's complete and pure and infallible Word was in the world. And I was also convinced that the KJV was that Word.

I don't expect this to make sense to you, I expect this to be pure foolishness to you. That is what the Bible says I should expect.

And yes, I do not mind one bit throwing doubt on your salvation. I think you should be very afraid. I personally have a hard time believeing that people who constantly cast doubt on God's Word can truly be saved.

I am not saying you are not a true believer and not saved, I sincerely hope you are. I simply have trouble believeing that anyone who so doubt's God's Word and promises can be saved.