View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Yes, you are right, this has gone on too long. 10 pages without an answer to my fundamental question is enough. The only person who tried to answer my question of authority didn't even really understand it and simply posted a contradiction in response.
Brian:

You remind me of someone I used to debate/discuss 'God' topics with, on a secular message board. No matter what Scripture I used, no matter what information I posted, no matter what expert sources I quoted, it was never enough. It was never enough to 'prove' anything. He was convinced of his own righteousness, and nothing was going to change his mind.

He said to me something like "If God wrote in the sky that he existed, I'd believe", but I told him he was not telling the truth: the Pharisees of Jesus' time on earth did not deny His miracles, but rejected Him as Messiah, because He did not fit their preconceived notions of what their Messiah should be.

They had proof, right there, in front of them, but they did not believe.

You reject God's word, most likely, because it doesn't conform to what YOU want it to say, what YOU want it to be.

So be it.
"But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain." (Titus 3:9)