View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I have wondered this at many times. How does one determine the difference between head belief and heart belief, especially when the Bible makes no such differentiation?

How do I know that my faith is real, since I often have the same questions and concerns as buzzoff

The other question is "How much guilt and sorrow must a sinner express in order to be saved?"
Luke My dad believes in Jesus in his head, he acknowledges that Jesus is a historical figure, real and not imaginative but he does not believe that if he wont accept him as his personal Saviour and admit he is a guilty sinner who will suffer an eternal punishment in hell and that being "born again" is the ONLY way to heaven. That's mind belief, hes not saved
To believe that without Christ you are a guilty sinner heading for eternal damnation, to acknowledge that Christ is the ONLY way to heaven
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

To believe in his finished work on the cross for YOU because he loved YOU enough to send his only begotten Son to die for YOUR sins
1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Luke Bro you really need to get over the repentance issue you have, some people are taken to the brink, the edge of life broken and destitute before they see the truth, through drink, drugs, abuse, broken homes, broken marriages, death of loved ones etc and their sorrow may be greater than someone who is just not satisfied with life but as long as they both come before a risen Saviour in need of his salvation, guilty sinners before the cross and damned to an eternal hell without him and BELIEVE his words, they WILL be saved. its in the heart and with the heart we BELIEVE onto righteousness

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Just like the nobleman it dosent matter if you doubt it, Jesus said it and no amount of doubting on your part will ever change what he said
“Go thy way, thy son liveth.” DONE, DUSTED, SETTLED
Yet I am sure he doubted all the way home and even when he got home he doubted the hour his son began to amend, but eventually believed, was he only saved then NO, as soon as Christ said “Go thy way, thy son liveth.” it was done, the rest was doubt on the nobelmans part, Bro Luke you can doubt all the way to the end of your days, until the judgement seat of Christ, but nothing will ever change your position in Christ, from you asked him to save you it was DONE, DUSTED, SETTLED, the doubt is all on your part Not the Lords. There is no certain amount or strength or measured breadth depth or height of repentance to be saved, if you realise you are hellbound, dead in your sins without Jesus Christ and his free gift of eternal life you have already accepted in your heart you need him, can you live without him? I doubt you will answer no Brother, therefore in your Heart you know he is your Saviour and you are saved.

John 10:29-31 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.