View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:14 PM

This has already been shown elsewhere, but I will quote a particular paragraph:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/raj-inspiration.html

Quote:
Those who disagree with my position on the inspiration of the KJV do so because of their misunderstanding of the term INSPIRATION. They think that I teach God breathed-OUT the words of the AV thru the translators, when I teach nothing of the kind. Of course, I do believe that the hand of God was helping them in picking the correct texts and translating those texts faithfully. When I say KJV is inspired Scripture, what I mean is that God has made it ALIVE by BREATHING His breath INTO it. So what is WRITTEN in the Book (AV) are the LIVING words of God. Those are HOLY, and those words have TRUTH in them. There is no FALSEHOOD in the words of the AV. These Scriptures are INERRANT. That is, there are no NUMERICAL, DOCTRINAL, SCIENTIFIC or HISTORICAL errors in the King James text. You cannot have LIVING words and have them teach you ERRONEOUS things.
There are two meanings of Biblical Inspiration.

First, the word “inspiration” describes a process of giving the Word from the Spirit of God through the spirit of certain men in the writing of the very words of Scripture originally in the Autographs. This is a process that occurred once for each word as it now appears in the Scripture. Some people point out that Jeremiah 36:32 shows that a certain roll was destroyed, and Baruch rewrote it at the mouth of Jeremiah. As far as Bible inspiration is concerned, the Scripture as it now reads (and was preserved from Jeremiah’s time) is the one where the inspiration took place. Moreover, in inspiration there can be quoting of people, documents and other prophecies, etc. That is why in Jeremiah’s present book, it says, “and there were added besides unto them many like words.” Meaning that the present book is the Scripture, even though the former roll was true; the present book also contains an account of what happened to the former roll, and also additional material written after that time.

Second, and very importantly, inspiration describes the continuing power or nature of the words of Scripture, because they are God’s words, particularly, as John 6:63 states, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” Since God gave the words initially not to be lost or diminished, but to be preserved and transmitted, and now present perfectly in English for the whole world, we can certainly ascribe inspiration to the present manifestation of Scripture.

Therefore, we cannot say that the King James Bible was made by the process of inspiration from 1604–1611, but we can certainly say that the KJB has the inspired Word of God, indeed, is the inspired Word of God!