View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:54 PM

Default Feelings that try to capture you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I know not to trust in feelings, but if I was truly convicted over my sin, and truly believed God's grace, wouldn't I be floored? wouldn't I just be in tears? It never seems to happen.. I want to believe, but it seems as though I just believe it as facts, rather than really truly believing it applies to me.

Bro, if you accepted Christ as your Saviour then do not trust in your feelings. Our heart may deceive us into thinking we are not saved. I have experienced that while a new Christian. I have doubts too, however, as I read the bible, I get closer to God and fix my assurance that someday I'll be going to heaven when I die. Remember the Bible says 1 John 5:11-13 and I qoute " And this is the record, that God hath given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life;and he that hath not the Son hath not life.These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God".

Well, God has a record book, ie. the Bible, this record book say you have eternal life if you receive Christ. This record book also, enables us to know we have eternal life. Of course, we are not feel to be saved but just believe.

God bless

Jude 25
http://www.fredsites.weebly.com