Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 AM

Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the BOUNDS of their habitation;"

I believe that we should marry in our own race, but I don't look down on anyone that marries outside their race. I read a lot of verses in this thread talking about the Jew, Gentile, etc, but to me that is talking about Salvation, not marriage.

Numbers 12:1 "And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman."

I don't believe Miriam was wrong because of the fact the woman was black, but she was wrong because she spoke against Moses.

I've been told that you can't prove the Ethiopian woman was black, but I think scripture interprets scripture...

Jeremiah 13:23 "Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil."

God seems to divide things in the Bible alot.

Leviticus 19:19 "Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee."

This is my view, so please don't get mad at me for it. I believe the most important part is that your partner is saved and follows the same doctrine as you. If someone is already married to a different race I don't believe they should get a divorce at all. I am not racist, nor am I in the KKK lol.

Last edited by Cody1611; 06-03-2009 at 11:39 AM.