View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Connie

Quote:
"He brought some other things to my attention as well that I've also pursued." {"He brought"? How does God do this today - outside of the Scriptures?}
Usually through the scriptures, causing a passage to stand out, but in the case of the head covering, a Christian friend started complaining out of the blue one day about how some people stupidly think that women are supposed to wear hats in church. I answered her that I also think that's what the Bible says though I had resisted wearing one myself. She asked me to show her the passage. I emailed it to her. She hadn't even known there was anything in the Bible about it, but she also said it was too hard to understand.

That was all it took to convict me of the need to wear a head covering though and got me started on the study I did at such length. I took that as a prompting from the Lord to obey what I believed. Do you disagree?

After I told this friend that was the effect on me of our conversation she started growing her hair out as if in protest to my view of it, although she'd said she couldn't understand the passage. Since I know there are some in the congregation who believe it is about long hair, and a couple have mocked my view of it, I suppose she was influenced by them.