View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 07:24 PM

Connie,

I have 2 questions to ask you:

1. Have you ever read the Humanist Manifestos I, II, & III?

2. And if you have - can you tell me how many "Points" they (the religious Humanists) make in Humanist Manifesto I?

If you haven't read them then you have no idea what they say or why I base my judgment on where you are coming from.

Your last posts to myself and "Pastor Mikie" are illustrative of my point - and I quote from your posts (bold & underlines are mine)

From your post to me:

"give my own personal understanding of it?" {"my own personal understanding" = Humanistic thinking}

"The position here that the Bible is the authority is carried to a point of absurdity" (your "opinion") since all anybody can give is their own interpretation of the Bible," (again-your "opinion") which ends up with them treating their own interpretation as if it were God's own word." (again, your "opinion" - you are your own authority! = Humanism)

"I consider it humble to consult many other points of view on the Bible passage instead of just flat-out declaring my understanding as if it were the Truth as so many here do. (Again - this is not only your personal opinion, but you couldn't "prove" what you just said if your life depended on it, at least in my case since I have never once made such a declaration. You not only refuse to receive instruction - you are given to "exaggeration", "generalization" & "mis-representation".) {"I consider" = Humanistic reasoning}

"I suspect that some here who give their pat answers (again - your opinion) as if they were Bible truth may be relying on their fallible intellects more than I do." {"I suspect" = Humanistic reasoning}

"I'm sorry for losing my temper. I may not answer some of your posts because I disagree with you and am not sure how to disagree in a Christian spirit. (You apologized once before and now we are back to the same point again - I don't believe you for a minute. Brother Sammy and I have a "disagreement" about 1Corinthians 12: 8-12, yet we have remained both "civil" and "respectful" of each other in the spirit of true Christian "charity" without resorting to calling each other names and intimating that the other is being "led by the devil".) {"am not sure how to disagree in a Christian spirit." That's one of the many reasons why God gave us the Bible! So we can find out how to treat each other. Why aren't you sure? Unless the Bible is not your final authority and so you decide issues on how you "feel". = Humanistic thinking again}

From your post to pastor Mikie:

"The reason I got so involved in it is that I felt the Lord brought it to my attention during a period of fasting and prayer at the beginning of last year. {"I felt" = Humanistic reasoning. Christians are not to operate by "feelings"}

"He brought some other things to my attention as well that I've also pursued." {"He brought"? How does God do this today - outside of the Scriptures?}

"I had done a little studying of the head covering passage a few years earlier and decided that it did mean women are to cover our heads in worship and prayer but that it would be too disruptive to make an issue of it so I dropped it altogether, no doubt with a little help from my own preference not to have to put something over my head." {"and decided that it did mean" = Humanistic thinking. Christians are concerned with what God says - Not what He "means"}

"But when it came up the second time during a period of seriously seeking the Lord, I concluded. . . ." {"I concluded" = Humanistic reasoning}

"But I started feeling that if the Lord was telling me this is what the passage means then I should make a bigger effort to persuade others, {"I started feeling that if the Lord was telling me = Humanistic reasoning - there's those "feelings" again & God "telling" you something outside of Scripture}

"It took me months before I felt I'd covered enough material to present it to the elders of my church. {"before I felt" = Humanistic reasoning - "feelings" again!}

Well, I wasn't going to push it on anyone. Only one elder responded that he'd like to read it but unfortunately I left the church for other reasons and don't know if he had a response or what it was. {Since you came on this Forum this issue has been "pushed" on us several times, how do you expect us to believe that you didn't push it before? Hmmm?}

"So at a forum I'm likely to bring it up again as I did here. When there is as much opposition to it as there is here, however, I am content to let it drop, but when people respond with a kneejerk pat answer" ("a kneejerk pat answer" = your opinion - we gave you our answer from the Holy Scriptures and you weren't able to receive it.) "my Irish temper comes up. And I'm not even Irish." {Humanism again - Humanists always get angry when they run into someone who doesn't agree with them! If you don't believe me just go to any college campus in the U.S. A. and try to talk to the average Humanistic professor about anything from the Bible.}

"The way I read it, Paul had advocated women's covering their heads . . ." {"The way I read it," = Humanistic reasoning - purely speculation and supposition on your part}

But why go on? Your last paragraph is peppered with words such as: "possibly"; "suggested"; "He has to mean"; "What seems to me" {Your entire presentation (all of your posts) has been full of Humanistic thinking and reasoning. Just because you can't "see" it, doesn't change the facts: You came here (and I suspect other Forums also) with an agenda; and when it wasn't received, instead of letting it go as you said you would, you persisted in trying to "push" your beliefs on others in the Forum. And since your belief has still not been accepted you have reverted to name calling and cheap shots at some members of the Forum }

All of my life I have dealt with "Christians" like you, and I have found that the only way to deal with you is not to give "place by subjection, no, not for an hour"!

Proverbs 15:32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.