View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 03:23 AM

You have completely ignored many of my points - You have as much right here as I do, the problem is that no one here is insisting that you give up your conviction. No one here is insisting that you stop your practice. I haven't once intimated that you do that.

Neither am I criticizing you for holding your conviction, and I am not criticizing you for you practicing it. I am criticizing you for calling people names (know-nothings) because they don't hold the same conviction. I am criticizing you for saying that if we don't practice what you practice and believe as you do that we are being led by the devil if we don't agree with you or practice what you do.

If I believed that your strongly held belief on this issue were "heresy" I would have given you the required 1st. and 2nd. admonition and rejected you. But I don't believe that it is heresy. Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; I believe that you have the right to hold your conviction and that you definitely better practice it [James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.]

I have admonished you about your reliance on "commentators" and "commentaries" (especially if they are all one-sided). God didn't command us to study the "commentators" He commanded us to study "the word" [2Timothy 2:15].

The thing that distinguished The Lord Jesus Christ and the Apostles from the religious leaders of their day was that The Lord and His Apostles spoke with authority! Our authority today is the Bible, not "commentators", pastors, Seminaries, Bible schools, or "Evangelical" and "Fundamentalist" big shots.

I cautioned you about the fact that since you are a woman that perhaps you should walk circumspectly and be a little more respectful towards the men on this Forum.

Those of us who live in the Western World today are heavily influenced by the subversive and perverse religion called "Humanism". Humanism Is the official (but undeclared) religion of the West. It holds sway over the families, the schools, the sciences, the media, the government, and sad to say, also most of the churches. If you have never read the Humanist Manifestos' (I, II, & III) I would highly recommend that you check them out.

After reading almost all of your 81 posts, your "tentative" reasoning on almost all Bible subjects (except head covering); reveals a heavy reliance on Humanistic reasoning and thinking. Instead of being Biblically centered - you are man centered (Humanism = "man is the measure of all things").

Real genuine Bible study should not be just an academic exercise or a mere intellectual pursuit. Instead, true Bible study should be an honest and sincere search for THE TRUTH. “What saith the Scriptures?” - NOT "What saith the commentators".