View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
WWJD,

There are no laws on war in the Bible. Show me one O.T. or N.T. law forbidding war or one O.T. law about war.
Is there a law in the Bible that forbids smoking tobacco or marijuana?
I don't see any. So does it make it right for me to smoke? No it doesn't

For smoking, I use "destroying temple of God"
For wars, I use "Jesus prohibits violence"

Don't get me wrong, God did allow wars in the OT. God also allowed multiple wives in the OT.

I have a charismatic friend, who says that we should dance at the church. A mormon friend believes that it's ok to have more than one wife. The reason that they do these things, is because they want to obey the OT.

Does this mean that I should also dance and have more than one wife?

Quote:
Now here are 10 examples of you taking the Bible out of the context that it was written to make it look like it backs up what you believe.
Please understand that for me, violence, fighting, and a war is prettymuch the same thing. For you, it is different. This is why you think that these verses are out of context.

Quote:
Well if this is the case, the LORD is a man of war. He is also the same today, yesterday and forever.
Of course God is a man of war. He will fight Saten, and will throw him in the lake of fire. Even though God is a man of war, this does not mean that God supports all of the wars that happen on the Earth. Study the NT and the OT. In the NT, God NEVER uses physical violence. NEVER. He only uses spiritual violence.

Quote:
Where is the book of Revelation located? Now I have done as you have ask, now back to the other questions I ask you. I will re post all of the information.
The book of Revelations, is the history of the future. God says "This is what the future would be like." This does not mean that God approves everything in the book of Revelations. In Book of Revelation, God reveals what the future would be. God wants to show people that He really does know the future.

Please find me references of the battle of Armageddon. Thanks

Last edited by wwjd.usa; 10-05-2008 at 04:19 PM.