View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Revangelist

I'm pretty much considered "a man with puritanical tendencies" by my peers. I don't wear jewelry. I don't wear make-up. I don't go to public swimming pools (or any for that fact - I don't believe in "mixed-bathing). I don't enjoy many if any sports (personal taste on this one), and I'm not a "sipping-saint", I believe people should dress modestly (if you ain't fishin', don't bait the hook" type thing, keeping your privates private!), and my musical tastes are on a song-by-song merit (again, my personal tastes on this one). I don't support the CCM industry, but I like some CCM music (not all). The church I attend is strong on the Word (both the Pastor and Assistant Pastor are KJV preachers). They use contemporary music, hymns, ethnic style and some jazz. Most of it I like. But, they are strong on the Word and that is their main focus. The music is a tool to worship and praise God.

Having said all that, I want to point out that some people get saved out of very wicked and vile life-styles. We need to make sure we don't "blow them out of the water" with some of our doctrines. We don't want to chase them off. Our goal is to draw them and help them grow.