View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 03:09 AM

My reason for doing so is based on rightly dividing the word of truth as we have the Scriptures as they are laid out. for example.

We have the four Gospels with Gabriel speaking, John the Baptist, Jesus, the 12 Apostles 70 disciples all speaking to Israel only

then we have Acts starts off speaking to Israel leaves off with only the Apostle to the Gentiles speaking to all men alike without respect of persons.

Then we have the letters of Paul (not counting Hebrews) all written to all men alike without respect of persons.

Then we have Hebrews. this book is a tough one for me to place. I like to keep it transitional as it has plenty of application but is is written primarily to Hebrews. Paul may indeed be the written but he would remain unnamed as he was not purposely sent to them. But his heart for them was true. as we saw in Romans if he could be accursed for his brethren's sake.

then we have James through Revelation again we have angels speaking, Jesus speaking, two Hebrew witnesses, 144,000 Jews speaking and primarily it is to Israel.

So if after the Fullness of the Gentiles God begins to deal with Israel then is the books are laid out by His providence those books fit well to be either transition from church age to Kingdom, or Church age to the Great Tribulation.

Now though I position the books in that way (giving that those positions are up to change) I do not rule out that their is application for the church in a good portion of it. there is plenty of application from Hebrews through Rev 3 for the church.

So I may divide them as such but I do not rule out their benefit for the church today. Just like I do not rule out the Old Testament has lessons and application for the church today as well. I must keep Major doctrines divided properly and allow God to speak to his people via his word.

At least that is my reason for such