Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda S. View Post
Greenbear,

I asked a couple of questions in a previous post and you had stated you would get back with me in a bit, and that's ok. I know we're all busy But meanwhile I had one more thought.

One thing that continnually comes up in discussions on here is if Paul didn't say it to us specifically, it doesn't apply...While I certainly don't argue with the dispensational aspect of that line of thinking, I do think that Paul was trying to make it easy on these Christians who just couldn't get it right...

1  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

But as one grows in Christ, reads and studies their Bible they are able to discern better and get to more meatier issues and by comparing Scripture with Scripture understand these things.

I find it very interesting that you seem to have come up with a new philosophy on whether or not it is wrong to marry an unbeliever when quite honestly I know of absolutely no Bible Believer or teacher at any time in history ever teach it so. Correct me if I am wrong.
Obviously it matters not what man thinks or teaches but I do believe it is worth considering.
Quote:
One thing that continnually comes up in discussions on here is if Paul didn't say it to us specifically, it doesn't apply...While I certainly don't argue with the dispensational aspect of that line of thinking, I do think that Paul was trying to make it easy on these Christians who just couldn't get it right...
Then we agree that we are to rightly divide the scriptures. I would never never never never never say that only Paul's words apply to christians. If we correctly understand what the church is and who we are in Christ (which we mostly understand from Jesus' direct revelation of His gospel of grace to Paul) then we can have discernment as to what words in the rest of the Bible we are to apply to our selves and our lives and the whole body.